Today I am showing you some of my holy grail makeup products. I’m not a huge makeup-girl but I do appreciate a good winged eyeliner and eye brows that are penciled in perfectly. Some of these products I have just started using and some I’ve been using ever since I started wearing makeup. Enjoy!
1. Chanel-Hydra Beauty Serum : I really love using this serum in the winter time just because it puts a lot of the moisture back into my skin that gets lost with the cold weather. This is the very first thing I put on my face in the morning and I use it as a base before I use my moisturizer. Its super refreshing and also smells super good.
2. Fresh – Lotus Youth Preserve Radiance Lotion : I put this on every morning before I do my makeup. It’s a super light moisturizer and it is perfect for combination skin like mine.
3. Benefit – The POREfessional : After I have moisturized, I put on the benefit POREfessional primer to make sure that my makeup stays on all day. This is such a great product because it minimizes your pores, and erases any imperfection. It makes your skin feel like silk when its on and also makes it a lot easier to apply foundation.
4. Beauty Blender : This is definitely my #1 makeup must have! The beauty blender is amazing for so many different ways but I use this every time I put on my Foundation or Concealer. I dampen my beauty blender before I use to to give myself a light-medium coverage.
5. Lancome – Teint Idole Ultra 24h : I’ve been using this foundation for a year now and I really like it. I’m very open to trying new foundations because after awhile of using the same foundation it starts to look different on your skin than it did before. This foundation is a matte finish which I like because my skin can get oily very easily.
6. Laura Mericer – Silk Creme Foundation : This is definitely one of my favourite foundations. It is so silky on your skin (hence the name) and leaves a really nice matte coverage on your skin. This is a long wear foundation so it will stay on all day. It is more expensive than your normal foundation but it is worth it if you want to invest in a good foundation.
7. Chanel – Perfection Lumiere Velvet : This foundation is amazing for the summer time because it is very light on your skin. It almost feels like you aren’t wearing anything at all. This is a water-based foundation which is the reason as to why it is so light. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fresh and natural look. This has SPF 15 in it also which is very important to use when you are out in the sun to protect your skin.
8. Maybelline – Instant Agre Rewind Eraser : If you are looking for a good drugstore concealer this is the one. I have used this for years and I think I have gone through about 10 tubes of it. If you can’t already tell in the photo above that I am already in need of a new one. I have this in a lighter colour because I really like to use it when I highlight my face.
9. Yves Saint Laurent – Touche Eclat : I use this and the Maybelline concealer together when I do my makeup. I don’t know why but I really like underneath my eyes to be bright. It makes me look more awake. This is a good concealer but it is also pricey. I wouldn’t say its a MUST but I do like it.
– I also use the tip of my beauty blender when I put on my concealer.
10. Chanel – Poudre Universelle Compacte : I’ve had this powdered foundation forever and I just lightly use it after I have put on my foundation & concealer to really mattify my face. I really don’t stress about what kind of powdered foundation I use. I also really like the Loreal True Match and have been using it for months now.
11. Real Techniques – Powder Brush : I love this companies makeup brushes. They are really affordable and well made. I use this one every time I put on my powder.
12. MAC – Rihanna Collection Bronzer & Blush Duo : This is no longer available as it was limited edition but lately I have been using this a ton because it’s a 2-in-1 duo. I don’t typically like bronzers that have sparkles in them but I love this one.
13. Benefit – Hoola Bronzer : This is by far the best bronzer ever. I love the hoola bronzer just because I like the matte look it gives. It is really nice to give your face some colour and it’s also great to use as a contour.
14. MAC – 150 Large Powder Brush : This was my very first makeup brush that I bought back when I was in grade 8. This brush lasts and is still in great condition after all of these years. I use this brush when I use my Hoola bronzer.
15. Sephora – Contour Brush : Great brush for contouring. I love using this with my Anastasia Contour Kit. It is super easy to blend your contour with this brush because it is a smaller brush and easier to control.
16. Real Techniques – Blush Brush : Love using this brush for applying my blush. Once again this brand is amazing!!!
17. MAC – Blush (color is Dainty) : This coral colour is perfect for summer. I use this everyday on my cheeks because it’s a colour that you can’t really get away with in the Fall. It’s super settle on your skin and makes you look more alive.
18. MAC – Mineralized Skin Finish (Soft & Gentle) : This is such a beautiful skin finish. I use this almost everyday to give my cheekbones a nice glow. This looks amazing in photos and a little goes a long way.
– I use my Sephora Contour Brush to lightly swipe in on my cheekbones
19. NYX – Butter Gloss : I have been obsessed with these butter glosses lately. I think I own about 12 of them.. They are super inexpensive and amazing quality. The consistency is so creamy and smooth on your lips that it doesn’t feel like normal lip gloss. I would use these over any MAC lipgloss any day.
20. MAC – Lipstick (Rebel) : Rebel is one of my all time favourite lipstick colours. I like it because it is really buildable. If I just lightly dab it onto my lips its a super nice pink colour but if I really apply it then its a deep purple. I usually just dab it but it is very versatile to use in all of the seasons.
21. Too Faced – Lip Injection : LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This is an amazing lip plumper. It can really transform your lips into looking 5x larger than its original size. I love using this to make my lips look more full!
22. Benefit – Speed Brow : On my lazy days I love to use this to give my brows some colour. Its super easy to apply and works really well!
23. Anastasia Beverly Hills – Perfect Brow Pencil : I love using this to fill in my brows and to give them the shape that they need. This is also really easy to apply but I like to take my time with it so I use it on special occasions.
Have a great weekend!
You can shop for all of these items down below: